Thursday, October 25, 2007

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 tools

I selected RealTravel. I looked at the other two prize winning sites fo travel but personally felt that this was the best as it provided a lot more useful information that just booking flights. It says it is powered by advice from real travellers and they seem to be using it. There are blogs and forums on all kinds of subjects. The topics are listed as Discover, Learn, Plan, Save and Share.

They have a free trip planner and also travel deals available. I found it easy to move around and it even mentioned Australia. I clicked on the link to Australia under mosted popular blogs and there were lots of photos and blogs from travellers giving valuable information. I don't think it is applicable to libraries apart from Library staff planning their holidays.

No comments: